May is ministry to women and Saturday, April 28th is the annual Kick-off event! 2018 theme is “A Proverbs 31 Woman: The Contemporary Woman of Faith!” Reverend Jackie Fleming from Mt. Carmel BC, Atlanta will be the keynote speaker. This annual fellowship will identify, address and connect the needs of the modern day woman. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. This is a Free Event! Sister’s Revival is Tuesday, May 15th, 7pm. Pastor Wendy Smith-Martin will be guest preacher.
June is ministry to men and Saturday, June 9th is the annual Kick-off event! 2018 theme is “The Uncommon Man!” Dr. Mark Edward Hargrove will lead the opening session with Pastor Henry Leonard as keynote speaker. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. This is a Free Event! Men’s Revival is Tuesday, June 19th at 7 pm. Pastor Terrance Curtis is guest speaker.
The Village Meets convenes the 1st Sunday of each month from 7:45– 8:45 am. The Enrichment Hour, each subsequent Sunday 7:45 – 8:45 am.
Being a follower of Christ, or a “disciple” (a student or pupil) is the faithful commitment to the teaching and practice of biblical precepts, living and modeling a lifestyle patterned after Christ. Discipleship equips the believer with God’s Word, prayer, doctrine, worship, encouragement, and service. Our mission is to equip and grow disciples who in turn go out to equip and grow other disciples. Disciples just don’t learn about God, but through Christ, with God, an intimate relationship and not religion is born.
At Gathering of Champions Church, we believe that continual growth is necessary for our walk with Christ. The best life is a Word centered life. When we make it a priority to study the Word of God, we find the roadmap to our God given possibilities. The journey is exciting! Finding new things in the Word of God is exhilarating! Putting them into action breeds benefits and rewards! Our church is a Bible based, Bible believing Ministry of Practical Christianity–Producing Winning Disciples In Every Area of Life!
Some Foundational Values of Discipleship:
– Evangelism (sharing the gospel of Christ) | Matthew 28:18-20
– Being changed by the renewing of your mind | Romans 12:2
– Worshipping God in all you do | Romans 12:1
– Serving God for His purpose | Romans 1:9
– Demonstrating to the world the power given to us by the Holy
Spirit | 1 Cor 12:7-11; 2 Peter 1:3-8
Some Aspects of Discipleship Include:
– Transformation and repentance | Mark 8:34-38
– Learning the written Word of God, commitment, and practice | John 8:31-32
– Loving, edifying, and serving others as God leads | 1 John 3:11-16
– Focus on living righteously, being fruitful | John 15:7-10; Gal 5:22
– Accountability with godly authority | Heb 13:17
Excerpts taken from “What Is Discipleship” https://www.allaboutfollowingjesus.org/what-is-discipleship.htm